StaffLink is seeking to hire male and female new caregivers to handle the demand for home care clients in the St. Louis region. Those areas include St. Louis City, County, St. Charles and Jefferson County.
Less than fifteen (15) percent of professional home caregivers are male. Approximately, thirty (30) percent of seniors receiving care are male. We find for some male clients that it can be very positive to match them with a male caregiver when one is available.
If you know a professional male or female caregiver that is seeking employment, please refer them to StaffLink for consideration.
StaffLink provides home care to whose services are covered by a variety of payer sources. Some of those sources include private pay, long-term care insurance, Medicaid, and the Veteran Administration.
StaffLink currently has full and part-time hours at the locations listed below. These job openings change 2-3 times a week due to new clients being added, other clients being covered with a caregiver, and clients going in and out of the hospital or rehab facility.
Here are some StaffLink’s current home care openings:
- Overland, Monday to Friday late afternoons
- South County (63128), Monday to Friday late afternoons
- Maryland Heights, (around the clock, both eight and twelve hour shifts daily)
- Florissant, (around the clock, 3 eight hour shifts daily)
- Bellefontaine, Friday evenings and Sat from 10am to 6pm
StaffLink seeks to hire caregivers who reflect our core values. StaffLink’s seven core values are dedication, reliability, compassion, integrity, professionalism, commitment to serve others, and teamwork.
St. Louis home care agencies face a very competitive employment market currently. Higher pay rates in other industries are attracting professional caregivers away from the caregiving industry.
Pay rates are currently rising for caregivers in the industry. StaffLink’s hourly pay rate for one-to-one caregivers are currently $16-$18 per hour. For special circumstances, StaffLink has offered up to $20 hourly.
StaffLink does not require a particular certification for being hired as an in-home caregiver. We do require experience in providing paid caregiving in the home or at an appropriate facility.
Although, StaffLink does not require a particular certification for being hired to provide home care services. StaffLink does welcome applicants with certifications in the following areas as home care caregivers:
- Certified Nurse Assistant/CNA
- Nurse Aide or Assistant/NA
- Home Health Aide/HHA
- Personal Care Attendant or Technician/PCA-PCT
- Level One Medication Aide/L1MA
- Certified Medication Technician/CMT
- Direct Support Personnel/DSP
Other requirements to be considered for employment include the following:
- A totally clean criminal and Missouri abuse/neglect history
- A totally clean urine drug test
- Own one’s own car to get to and from work
- 2-3 positive references from legitimate past employers
StaffLink intends to continue to support seniors, the disabled, and the frail by recruiting additional male and female caregivers.
Interested candidates are encouraged to call the office Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm at 314-997-8833. Applicants should apply on StaffLink’s website at:
- Eight (8) Home Care Trends for 2024 - February 22, 2024
- StaffLink is Hiring Male and Female Caregivers for Home Care Clients in the St. Louis Region - September 20, 2023
- Thirteen (13) Tips for Family Caregivers and Seniors on How to Stay Healthy, Fit, and in Shape in the Summer Heat and Sun - July 26, 2023