We are entering the third spring in which the pandemic is part of our current reality. We have just come out of a very serious wave these past winter months.
It is important that senior and caregivers use caution in pursuing spring activities.
Caregivers and seniors should look for opportunities to build relaxing activities into their days this spring.
Here are some activities for both caregivers and seniors to enjoy in this season.
- Go buy flowers from the garden store and make colorful and assorted flowerpots
- Plant a vegetable garden in large pots with your favorite vegetables on your deck or porch
- Go for a walk or bike ride and enjoy the spring breeze and seeing spring in bloom in your neighborhood
- Go for a hike and explore at nearby nature park and trail
- Participate in an outdoor exercise or fitness activity or class
- Go out and hit golf balls at nearby driving range
- Go to an outdoor restaurant and have lunch or dinner with a friend
- Go to sidewalk cafe and have coffee
- Find a food truck and go purchase lunch and sit outdoors and eat and people watch
- Go to shop at a local farmer’s market
- Open your windows at home and let fresh air indoors
- Find a quiet place to sit outdoors, read a book or to write in your journal
Let the fresh air of this spring season, re-fresh and re-new your mind and spirit. And stay safe!
Check out other ideas here!